Last updated May 2018
- What information we collect, and why we collect it;
- How we use that information;
- How we protect that information;
- How you can control your information, including accessing, updating and deleting what we store; and
- How we share information collected.
We do not sell our services to children and the Site is not intended for or directed at children under the age of 13 years. As such, our Sites are designed for adult user interaction. We do not intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
By post: Privacy Officer, TotalSalon Controls Ltd, Tallford House, 38 Walliscote Road, Weston-Super-Mare, North Somerset, England, BS23 1LP.
By telephone: 01934 612120
By email: Privacy.Officer@totalsalon.net
What information do we collect?
When you visit and/or use our Platform or contact us, we may collect the following information:
- Personal Information that you choose to share with us when you register for an account, subscribe to emails, newsletters and alerts and which you provide to us when using our services, including information entered into our booking platform and included in your comments. In the course of making a booking, you might voluntarily provide us with sensitive personal data if relevant to the service that you are requesting or reviewing (relating to your health or ethnicity, for example).
- If you choose to communicate with us (for example, through the Platform, email, telephone, SMS, or social media) we will record the fact that you have contacted us and may retain the content of your communication, together with your contact details and our responses.
Protecting your personal information
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Platform. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information we will use strict procedures and security features in relation to that data.
How do we use your personal information?
In general terms, we use Personal Information to provide you with the services and products you request, provide customer services, deliver our content and ads which we think may be of interest to you, for customer research, to send you marketing and promotional emails/sms’ and to notify you about important changes to our Platform.
We also use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- As required to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- To keep our Platform and systems secure and to prevent fraud, security incidents and other crime
- To verify compliance with our terms and conditions and for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- To tailor and personalise marketing notifications and advertising for you based on information you provide and your use of our Platform, products and services
- To help us monitor, improve and protect our Platform, products and services, and to personalise our Platform, products, services for you, based on information you provide and your use of our Platform, products and services
- To investigate and respond to any questions or complaints received from you or from others, about our Platform or our products or services
- To conduct internal research and analysis so that we can see how our Platform, products and services are being used and how our business is performing
- To use customer communications for training, record-keeping and quality control purposes. If you telephone our customer experience team, please note that the fact that you have contacted us will be noted and your call may be recorded. You will be told if such a recording is being made and also given the opportunity to opt-out of being recorded if you wish to do so and the means for doing so
- Where you give us consent:
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time
- For purposes which are required by law:
- To respond to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation
- To meet legal, regulatory and compliance requirements
Withdrawing consent or otherwise objecting to direct marketing
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above. In some cases, we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests. You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing at any time. You can do this by following the instructions in the communication where this is an electronic message, or by contacting us using the details set out below.
- If you would like to unsubscribe from receiving communications which we send you, you can do so by clicking the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of email communications which we send you or alternatively by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01934 612120. In the case of email marketing please allow 48 business hours for your email address to be removed from our system.
- If you would like to unsubscribe from receiving communications which are sent by Partners and other third parties, please contact the Partner or third party directly. In the case of our Partners, if you need our assistance with this, we will be happy to do what we can to help you.
- If you would like to no longer receive push notifications via a mobile App, you can do so by revoking push notification permission for the Apps in your phone’s operating system settings.
Sharing personal information with third parties
We treat the security and method of processing your Personal Information very seriously, and we will never sell your Personal Information under any circumstances.
However, we may disclose your Personal Information to selected third parties, including in the following situations:
- To third party service providers that perform functions on our behalf in relation to the Platform or otherwise in connection with the provision of Total SalonControl Ltd‘s services (for example, processing credit card payments, website hosting, conducting surveys and market research, providing social media analysis, providing marketing email services, data analysis tools and to manage customer services communications).
- To our Partners with whom you book services whether via our Website or Apps, where we act as commercial booking agent, or directly with the Partner via our Partner Platform or Widgets, where we act solely as a technology provider. Your information is shared with Partners in order that:
- bookings can be facilitated and, if necessary, contact made in advance of your appointment;
- if you have opted in to receiving marketing emails from Partners with which you book, these emails can be sent to you containing news and special offers; and
- they can improve the services they offer to their customers and business operations by providing statistical data regarding customers, both on an aggregated basis and on an individual level.
- If we buy, sell or transfer any business or assets or if go into insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership. If this should happen, we may need to disclose your Personal Information to the seller or buyer of such business or assets, as appropriate
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- To government authorities, and to other third parties as required or permitted by law, including but not limited to in response to court orders. We also may disclose user information when we have reason to believe that someone is causing injury to or interference with our rights or property, other users of our Platform, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
In relation to the personal information we hold about you, you may be entitled to ask us:
- For a copy of your personal information
- To correct, erase or restrict the processing of your personal information
- To obtain personal data which you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format and to ask us to transfer this information to another organisation To object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
In the first instance you may be able to view or change the information you have provided us with by logging in to your online account.
Your rights in relation to your personal information are limited in some situations. For example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person or if we have a legal requirement or a compelling legitimate ground we may continue to process Personal Information which you have asked us to delete. You also may have the right to make a complaint if you feel your personal information has been mishandled. We encourage you to come to us in the first instance but, to the extent that this right applies to you, you are entitled to complain directly to the relevant supervisory authority.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at email@example.com or 01934 612120. Please note, however, that no financial information will be provided without verification.
What about other websites linked to our Platform?
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Platform nor the information or content contained therein. Often links to other websites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our Platform.
If we change our privacy policies and procedures, we will post those changes on our Platform to keep you aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we may disclose it.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you is generally stored at premise of . However, for the purposes of data backup your data may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including for the purposes of processing that data by selected third parties, in order to facilitate our business. Countries outside the EEA may not have laws which provide the same level of protection to your personal data as laws within the EEA. Where this is the case we will put in place appropriate safeguards to ensure that such transfers comply with applicable data protection laws.
TotalSalon Control Ltd. as data processor
In certain cases, we also operate as a data processor and we collect and process personal information on behalf of our business customers in the provision of our services and products. In these circumstances, Salon Software Solutions Ltd. is acting as a data processor and our business customers remain the data controller in respect of personal information they provide to us.
Our business customers remain the data [information] controllers with respect to any customer information that they provide to us for our provision of services. To the extent that we are acting as data processor, we therefore act in accordance with the instructions of such customers regarding the collection, processing, storage, deletion and transfer of customer information, as well as other matters such as the provision of access to and rectification of customer. We will only use such personal information for the purposes of providing the services and products for which our business customers have engaged us.
Our business customers are responsible for ensuring that these individuals’ privacy is respected, including communicating to the individuals in their own privacy policies who their personal information is being shared with and processed by.
As a data processor, we may share personal information where instructed by our business customer. Where authorised by the business customer, we may also share personal information with third party service providers who work for us and who are subject to security and confidentiality obligations.
Where Salon Software Solutions Ltd. is acting as a data processor, we will refer any request from an individual for access to personal information which we hold about them to our customer. Wewill not respond directly to the request.
Our policy on Cookies
Strictly Necessary/Transactional Purposes
Using Cookies for this purpose is essential for our Platform to work correctly. They may be required to enable you to move around our Platform and use our features, for system administration, to prevent fraudulent activity, to keep you logged in from one page to another or so that we can remember what you have added to your basket. These cookies cannot be switched off as our Platform cannot function properly without them.
Using Cookies for this purpose enables us to enhance and simplify your user experience. For example they may remember choices you make such as the country you visit our Platform from, language, search parameters such as date, area or treatment, and help to identify issues with our Platform (such as crash incidents). These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to tailor and enhance your visits to our Platform. The information these technologies collect may be personally identifiable, such as your log-in details. They cannot track your browsing activity on other websites or apps outside the Platform. We use some tools for this purpose, for example Snowplow.
Using Cookies for this purpose enables us to better understand how many users visit our Platform, how users arrive at, and browse or use our Platform and which parts of our Platform are most popular. This helps us to improve the Platform, such as navigation and interface experience, and improve our products and services. To achieve this, we collect information on how people use our Platform and use third party technologies for this purpose, including but not limited to Google Analytics, Snowplow, Optimizely, Hotjar, AppsFlyer, Fabric Analytics, Firebase, and Crashlytics. We also use these Cookies to help us measure the effectiveness of our online marketing and advertising activities. We use some third party Cookies for this purpose, including but not limited to Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Snowplow, Impact Radius, Awin, DoubleClick Floodlight, Bing, and tools provided by social media platforms (including Facebook and Snapchat).
These technologies remember the sites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. When we use third parties for advertising and targeting purposes, we may disclose:
- Personally identifiable information, such as email address, order ID, venue.
- Generic, aggregated or anonymised data relating to your visits and use of our Platform; or
- Information in a pseudonymised form such as a browser cookie ID / code or cryptographic hash of your email address to help us tailor and display our ads to you on other services. This ID or code is matched against your equivalent unique code similarly generated by our ad partners to tailor adverts to you. The third party companies that we use for targeting and advertising purposes have their own privacy policies which you should read in detail.
How do we use information we collect from tracking technologies?
See “How do we use your personal information?” above.
What can I do to change my Cookies preferences?
- Please find below a number of ways in which you can manage your Cookie preferences online. Please also refer to the privacy & cookie policies of the relevant third party for more information.
- Most browsers and devices allow you to remove tracking technologies and/or block new tracking technologies being set. To turn off tracking technologies, look at the “help” menu on your browser, or visit your device settings. However, please note, that (a) this may not be effective for all tracking technologies and (b) switching off tracking technologies may restrict your use of the Sites and/or delay or affect the way in which they operate.
- Use your mobile device settings to configure your advertising preferences.
- Please note that where you have opted out of receiving our email marketing communications via the methods described above under the section “Withdrawing consent or otherwise objecting to direct marketing”, you may still see our non-targeted adverts whilst you are online, if your interests settings on Facebook are aligned to an audience segment (pre-defined by Facebook) which our business is also associated with. We do not control whether these ads are displayed to you.
- In the case of third parties not specified in this section, please consult their relevant privacy & cookies policy to find out more about adverts displayed to you whilst you are online and how you can opt-out.